Shelby's are the "Thumb" bodies. It's her thumbprint and she added the cute little faces and arms and legs and even wrote them herself. I stuck a candy to the blank space on the other side. I love them so much!
Stryder wanted monsters, Valentine monsters. I did the writing but he drew each little monster face and then decided which friend got which monster. Candy went on these too. All in all, it was a fun couple evenings spent crafting with my kiddos and I really enjoyed seeing them get so creative and show their different personalities.
My new favorite song right now is "Ours" by Taylor Swift. The lyrics make me happy and I can't help but sing it at the top of my lungs. My favorite lines are...
"Don't you worry your pretty little mind.
People throw rocks at things that shine.
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the waters rough,
But this love is ours."
And there's a Lady Antebellum song on their new album that both Ben and I just love and can totally relate to...
Tin cans rattlin' pavement
Confetti scattered everywhere
She falls asleep in the seat beside me
Rice caught up in her hair
I don't mind it, I keep drivin'
Flying on these wheels of steel
A bit anxious, a bit nervous
The moment's all that we can feel
If oil is the soul of the engine
And wine is the drink of the Gods
Forgiveness the road to redemption
Faith can still beat the odds
We're meant to be baby hold on to me
You'll never not be my girl
'Cause love is the heart of the world
I leave him sleepin' as I rise early
Always up before the dawn
The house is dark, but I see clearly
Kettle sings a morning song
The bacon's frying, babies crying
I soak up the sights and sounds
Minutes turn to days and I wish that I could slow it down
If grease is the soul of the kitchen
And coffee the drink of the Gods
Routine too perfect to mention
Time is a thief I would rob
We're meant to be baby hold onto me
I'll never not be your girl
'Cause love is the heart of the world
Oh, and hope is the soul of the dreamer
And heaven is the home of my God
It only takes one true believer
To believe you can still beat the odds
We're meant to be baby hold onto me
You'll never not be my girl
'Cause love is the heart, love is the heart,
Love is the heart of the world
No comments:
Post a Comment