Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What We've Been Up To...

The month of January is flying by.  Here's how we've been starting out this new year.


Our weather has been gorgeous and the kids have enjoyed using their Christmas presents from Grandma and Grandpa Day.  Ben and I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of their scooters going around and around the back patio.




We buried out first big tortoise Crush, who we had for around 5 years.  That's 2 we've lost and now we've recommitted ourselves to taking extra special care of our last remaining tortoise, Leo.  We've loved watching him explore and make tracks in his orange sand.




I've been seeing this several times a week.  I'm keeping with my New Year's resolution.  I haven't seen the numbers change on the scale but the numbers on here keep getting bigger as my distance gets longer.



And there's been a whole lot of cheering and yelling around here while wearing red.  We've both been 49er fans since the glory days of Steve Young and Jerry Rice and to see them have such a great season this year has been awesome.  The kids think we're crazy as we scream and jump all over the family room but how can we not?!  Go Niners!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sorry about your turtle:( I love the year end review. And guess what? I want to come visiting teaching. yes it's January and every year I say I am going to do better at VT and every year I fail...but let's give it a go anyway!!! When can I come????