Sunday, October 23, 2011

Primary Program Power

It's that time of year again...the Primary Program.  Today was our ward's program and once again it was wonderful.  I've been a long term sub for Soren's class for the last 2 months, so I've been able to be there as they practiced and practiced their songs and speaking parts.  The theme for this year has been "I know the scriptures are true" and like always I was so touched by the songs the kids sang.  My favorite this year was "Scripture Power".  I loved hearing the kids belt out "Scripture Power, keeps my safe from sin.  Scripture Power is the power to win.  Scripture Power!  Everyday I need, the power that I get each time I read!"  Oh it gives me chills just thinking about it.  I often thought I would miss the feel of the Spirit sitting in Relief Society when I was in Primary but I have been proven wrong many times over.  Those little kids know how to invite Him in.  Plus, the Primary presidency give some great lessons.  But it's usually during singing time when I can't help but tear up.  I'm so grateful for the amazing and wonderful teachers and leaders who serve so willingly in our Primary and who love the kids so much.  I can't help but look forward to next year's program.

3 comments:

ErinandShane said...

This is sweet, those kids are rock-solid. What a blessing to enjoy their learning and growing spirits.

Natalie said...

Audryn had enjoyed you being her teacher!! They all did so well!

Nicole said...

I have not been on blogs in forever. There is just sooo much to say!!! I have GOT to read that talk. I missed it and I really want to read it. Your bags are freaking adorable. I mean it! You make me want to know how to sew!!! And I too LOVE primary. Scripture Power is my favorite song. I pick it for our family song almost every time that it's my turn. I love the words and I love the way the kids can belt it out. Ahhh...I feel better getting that all out!