Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Getting Ready for Trick or Treating

This year I bought all the kid's costumes.  But I wanted to make them each a trick or treat bag.  When I was little we had a sweet neighbor lady make me and my sisters bags.  We used them until we were too old to go trick or treating and I still have mine.  I wanted my kids to have a cute bag they use year after year and it doesn't hurt that it's made special for them by mom.  The fabric is a tiny hounds-tooth print that was making my eyes hurt by the end, that my mom gave me a while back.  The orange is an old t-shirt and the straps are recycled from something else.  So this project was FREE!!!   

This is Shelby's with the cute ruffles.  The black ruffle is actually trim I found at Michael's a few years back.

This is one of the boys.  They are basically the same just with different placement of the bat and skull.  Just something special for my little trick or treaters. 

1 comment:

Cari J said...

Hmmmm, I think I recognize that orange t-shirt :) So cute!!