Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Name is Mom

5 things I love about being a mom...
1- The hugs and kisses and unconditional love from my kids.
2- Homemade pictures and crafts made by their cute little hands.
3- Our bedtime routine of "Sleep tight, Don't let the bed bugs bite".
4- Giggles and tickle time.
5- The pride I feel when one of my kids does something nice or awesome.

5 things I want to work on to become a better mom...
1- My patience...I need to have EVEN more.
2- How often I yell.
3- Less of  "just a minute" more of  "Yep"
4- More silly dance contests and fun times
5- Living in the moment, each and every moment with them.

I truly love being a mom.  Most days it's hard.  Some days it's stressful and ugly.  But then comes those moments, during all the bad, that makes every single second worth it.  I love this little saying that says "Kids are like sponges...they suck up everything out of you, but give them a good squeeze and you get it all back".  I sometimes struggle with wanting to be the "Perfect Mom".  Except that I don't think she exists.  She's some made up woman we set our standards way too high to reach and only wind up feeling let down because of it.  I just want to be the type of mom my kids need and that my Heavenly Father wants me to be.  Often it feels like an impossible task but I just keep plugging along hoping it will eventually get easier.  And you know what...some parts have.  I know being a mom is a tough job but it's the Lord's work, so it's possible to succeed.  Luckily I had a GREAT mom who showed me by example how to be a mom.  I love her and appreciate her even more now as a mom myself.  She sacrificed so much for us and I never realized it.  I love you mom and thanks for always being there for me.  Also, thanks needs to go to my mother-in-law.  She is an amazing woman and I'm so grateful for the way she raised that momma's boy I call my husband.  She loves her family so much and has taught them how to love others as well.  I've been a recipient of that love and I'm so grateful for it.  Here's wishing all the mother's out there a Happy Mother's Day.      

2 comments:

ErinandShane said...

couldn't have been said any better! The 'perfect Mother's Day Post'!

Rachel said...

You're a great mom! You just keep getting greater and greater. Every time I see you guys you've done some new cool thing that your kids think is fun (like the MYSTERY they anticipated before Easter :P) Love you tons!