Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sunday Will Come

Life is often times compared to a roller coaster, I've used the analogy myself many times.  The month of April has been the proverbial "Extreme Roller Coaster".  Our family has had super weightless highs and stomach dropping lows.  I WANT OFF!!!  Unfortunately I don't think that's how life works.  We can't just get off.  As part of our Heavenly Father's plan, we are on this ride called "Life" and we just have to hang on, white-knuckle it sometimes.  Luckily, because of our Savior, our ride doesn't continue to go downhill.  He is always there to help lift us up, clicking us up that hill.  And because of His Atonement, we don't have to suffer the pains alone.  Joseph B. Wirthlin gave an amazing talk about Easter a few years ago and I can't even tell you how many times I've thought of it over the last week.  My favorite phrase from that talk...

"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.
But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.
No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come."

The Savior suffered unimaginable pain that fateful Friday but joyously Sunday came and with it His Resurrection.  I feel so blessed to have this knowledge and understanding.  It makes so many of those hills easier to bear.

We had a great family filled Easter this year.  The weekend before Easter, all of Ben's family came down and we did our big "egg hunt".  The kids had a blast and I think the adults enjoyed it too.  There was another niece baptized and lots of yummy food and great conversations.  I can't wait til June when we can all be together again.  Then on Easter, Ben sang in our ward choir and had a solo.  He was so nervous but did an awesome job.  I'm so proud of him and his talents.  Then afterward we headed to my mom's and hung out with more family.  Then Easter dinner and an egg hunt at Grandpa's with cousins and then back to my mom's for another egg hunt.  My kids have so much candy it's ridiculous.  Overall, it was a wonderful Easter for our family, made better knowing that He Lives!




    

3 comments:

Russell Family said...

Your family is TOO cute Taryn! I can't wait until Mason will let me take pictures of him. I love you LOTS!!!!

ErinandShane said...

Oh my goodness! Shelby's purple shoes are awesome.

Lauren and Justin said...

I love you sis!