Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today

Life seems to have gotten a little crazy lately. Between pre-school and first grade we are swamped in spelling tests and alphabet songs. Personally, I've been swamped and bogged down with stress and worry. Times are tough right now and the belt has been pinched in pretty tight, and we can't be sure what the future holds. Ben's job feels pretty safe til the first of the year and then we just don't know what may happen. With the Holidays approaching, I become so overwhelmed and stressed out. I want the perfect Christmas for my kids and worry and worry over it. Lately I've been trying real hard to live in the moment. This simple concept is so incredibly hard for me and I don't know why. Maybe because I'm such a planner and control-freak. Due to this I am constantly worrying about tomorrow or next week or next month. I need to enjoy the NOW!! My kids are getting so big and I don't want to forget this time with them. My goal is to live in the moment, cherish today. This blog may become full of mundane events and stories but they are important parts of our family story that I want to include. Life has so many ups and downs and I seem to get caught in the downs. I need to remember to seek out the ups and enjoy them more. Hopefully as all my kids get over this cold bug they've shared we can have a good up for Halloween. And I mean really, how could I not love right now, when I get this every single day.

3 comments:

Russell Family said...

I love this blogs because I have been feeling the same. Thank you for putting it so simply. I love you very much! Give everyone hugs and kisses!

Russell Family said...

P.S. Soren's shirt is too cute!

Lauren and Justin said...

Taryn I just love you! And things always work out the way they should! Enjoy those sweet little kids of yours! And if you need anything let us know!! Love you!!