Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The New Year

I am seriously in a rut. The new year is supposed to be all about starting over and setting goals and it has just kind of depressed both Ben and I. Don't get me wrong, we have lots of things we are working on as a family and individually, but we look around and are kind of unsatisfied with what's going on. Our kids are getting so big and changing into little adults. Financially, we are not where we want to be after being married 6 years. I don't know, time seems to be moving so fast that I feel like it's going to run out before I accomplish everything I want to do. Sorry for such a depressing tone, life isn't always full of sunshine and smiles right?!

I do want to say that I have set the goal to lose some weight this year, just like every other woman in this country. But I really just want to become more comfortable in my body, since it's the only one I get (right D). I also want to enjoy time spent with my kids. Ben and I are planning a trip to Disneyland this year and I am SUPER EXCITED about it. I also want to make it to the beach and do some camping too. Overall this coming year should be full of fun, I just wish time would slow down for awhile.
Oh and check out this picture of my Shelby Rae. Isn't she beautiful?!

4 comments:

BreAna said...

that is a darling picture of shelby. too cute

Russell Family said...

I don't know what you are smoking but you are still young! This is one thing I have to remind myself all the time. And remember your family is together for FOREVER! I love you very much and I will be by your side no matter what. Just put a smile on and give it your best. No one can ask for more. Sorry if this message is start forward but oh well. ;) Love you LOTS!!!

P.S. Shelbs is too cute. Give hugs and kisses to the kids.

Lauren and Justin said...

Shelby is adorable and so are you! "Life is to be enjoyed not just endured." A pretty cool guy said that! Love you sister!

P.S. Im so excited for Secondhand Serenade!!!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

This is SUCH a cute picture of Shelby. What a little cutie. I feel the same as your sweetie. We are NOT where we want to be financially and we've been married 6 years in April so I feel ya! Time if flying by and I can't believe it.