Wednesday, April 16, 2008

You may or may not know...


So I thought it would be fun to write down some random facts about our family that some people may not know.

- Growing up my family moved across country twice, driving both times. I have made several other trips and so have driven thru or visited over thirty of the 50 states. Ben has never been farther east than the Utah Wyoming border.
- When Stryder was younger, he used to growl at anyone who made him mad or embarrassed. It got to be really annoying but he could have been doing something worse.
- Since we were married we have moved 6 times and have lived with all of my siblings and 5 of Ben's and both sets of parents.
- I cut my hair really short in March and after the first trimming I decided I don't like it anymore and can't wait for it to grow out some.
- Ben got me playing World of Warcraft. I have a lvl 70 Rogue and a 65 warrior. I also see nothing wrong with playing so long as I don't let it control my life. I make sure I have things taken care of around my house before I let myself play and I make sure not to ignore my kids while I play. Ben and I have joined up with a group of people called a guild and there are several other married couples that play. We share similar interests and talk about our kids and movies and other things outside of WoW.
- Ben passed out while I got my epidural while in labor with Shelby and I will never let him live it down.
- My boys play with several of Ben's old action figures from his childhood. I think it is great how things that were big when we were kids are popular again now. It creates this bond between us and our kids, by sharing in similar experiences with these toys and characters.
- Ben and I both think Hugh Jackman is "the man". He can do anything and looks good doing it. We have seen several of his movies and can't wait for "Wolverine" next year.
- I am the stresser in our relationship. I feel it my personal duty to stress over money, the kids, our families, and just life in general. Ben is there to tell me everything will be ok and get me over it. Somehow things always manage to work out ok, just like he says they will.
- The dates of my kids birthdays go 10, 15, 20. I don't know how it ended up being this way but I will feel pressure if we have another one, that it has to be on the 25th to fit our pattern. And along with our patterns we have several "S" names already picked out.
- Stryder has some double jointed fingers and thinks it's fun to creep me out with them. He gets this from his father. I have nothing double jointed, in fact I have the same toe on each foot that doesn't bend at all.
- Soren is almost 23 months old and has like a 10 word vocabulary and this has stressed me out. He was slow to crawl and walk so maybe this is just who he is and his development.
- As of right now I have a set of Great Grandparents still alive. My Grandpa Water's parents are both still alive and this means that my kids have a set of Great Great Grandparents.
- Stryder has about 10 different swords or light sabers and Ben can often be found dueling with both of the boys.
- If Ben could travel to anywhere in the world he would tour all of the old castles in Europe. I would go somewhere warm and tropical where I could swim with dolphins. I have had such a huge fascination with dolphins for years now and would love for the opportunity to swim among them, in captivity or in the wild.
- Ben and I both love Disney's Sleeping Beauty. He enjoys the daring Prince Phillip with his sword of truth defeating the Dragon and Aurora is my favorite princess. I do however prefer her in the blue dress, but because Cinderella is in blue, it is really hard to find any memorabilia of her in blue. When I find it, I want it.

So I hope you learned something new about us but if not that's ok too. I just find it fun to write these things down to remember them.

3 comments:

Candice said...

That is such a good idea to write down random things about yourselves. I really love how you exposed Ben for the wimp that he is. (The epidural experience) I love having a blog to remember all the things that are going on while our kids are in such a fun stage of life. Whether I'll keep it when my kids are teenagers, I'm not so sure. I may want to forget those years! Who am I kidding? I'm going to be the annoying Mom that is always bragging about my kids school projects, sporting prowess, etc. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Taryn.... so I love reading about your fam. They are SO cute. I wish taht we lived closer so that I could see ya. So I don't know if you know this or not, but your in-laws, the Brown family, my family has known them pretty much my whole life. LOL We grew up together when we were younger in West Jordan and then they moved to Henderson and then shortly after we moved there not knowing that they had moved to the same place! How crazy is taht.... lol and then to find out that you are married to one of them is so funny! I so totally remember when I took dance class with Steven and Candice and Ben was in Desirae's dance class... lol we still totally have the video of that dance recital! :) And I was also going to tell you that my husband, Casey, is totally in to W.O.W. too. He loves it... I think he is a level 63 right now :) So yeah just thought I would share! Hope to hear from you soon!

AnnaMaria said...

You forgot to mention that Maleficent is by far the greatest disney villian. (no cheesy songs, no loud crummy minions, that absolutely gorgeous voice, and changing into a dragon - whats not to love?)
Your offspring are adorable!