Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

My dad is the greatest! I don't think I can even begin to describe how much he means to me. He has always worked so hard for my family, even 2 jobs at times. He is so funny and loves to joke around with us. My dad is not the typical sports loving dad, he is more into music and other things. But he never once missed a single one of my or my sisters games in all the years we played. He was our biggest fan back then and I will always be able to hear him yelling "REBOUND" in my head! I just love my dad! He is a hero of mine and I admire him and his strength as he has gone through some of the struggles he has faced. Even though I have his genetic make-up and it kind of sucks, I am so proud to be his daughter and so proud he's my dad! Now he has turned into a really awesome Uncle Bobby (or Grandpa but he's too young to be a grandpa says he) and I love to see him interact with my kids. I love him so much and appreciate all he does so much that I don't even think I can express it. Thanks Dad for being there for me whenever I needed you and for always reminding me to remember who I am, and I'll be home at 8!

My husband is also an amazing dad! He is so great with our kids and this is probably due to the fact that he is really just a big kid himeslf but I love him for it. He can often be found playing a game or sword fighting or tickling one or all of our kids. I also really appreciate his desire for our kids to be respectful of me and for his unwavering belief that I should be a stay at home mom. He has worked so hard to ensure that I can stay home with our kids and I am so grateful for that. Ben is my very best friend and confidant. I rely solely on him and don't want to even imagine my life without him. Sure we have our struggles and disaggreement, but we agreed on forever and we will continue to reach for that goal. Forever for always and no matter what. I love Ben so much for being such a great dad to our kids and for showing them the love and patience that he knows they need. I also love him for showing me the love and patience that I don't always deserve but receive from him unconditionally. Thanks Ben for all you do for this family and remember to keep moving forward!

To all the other fathers out there, Happy Father's Day! Both my husband and I have been lucky enough to have some amazing examples of fathers in our lives and appreciate all that they showed us and taught us. Hope you all have a great Father's Day!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I just have to tell you that while I was reading your post Carter asked me, "Is that Taryn's best friend?" To which I replied, "It's her Dad," and he responded "Why'd he marry her Dad?" (Apparently I need to teach my kids the appropriate time to say he and she.) So Taryn, why'd you marry your Dad?

Ben and Taryn said...

Carter is so funny! That's like Stryder asking if he can marry Shelby. Kids are the best!